April 2, 2011
O/C has been replaced with an added emphasis on Militias
Three alliance banners now exist in Britannia.
All 13 active towns are initially at war with one another. Joining one of the three alliances will flag you blue to others in that alliance.
The largest three towns by active citizen count will assume an alliance leadership position. (Note: the pictures below list Moonglow as the leader. Ignore this.)
- Order: Britain
- Chaos: Vesper
- Balance: Trinsic
Every two weeks the leadership position is checked, and the town with the highest active citizen count (will most likely be changed soon to include other factors) within each alliance will shift to become the new alliance leader.
All towns NOT in a leadership position may either remain independent (flag orange to every town), or send an alliance request to one of the three alliance leaders.
The Alliance leader may approve or deny the request, as well as eject current allies from the alliance.
All citizens / militia members are able to view the existing alliances by double clicking on the militia stone in any town. King's may also get to the menu by visiting the King's Stone:
After a town requests to ally with one of the primary militias, the King of the alliance-leading town has the option to approve or deny the alliance request.
Allies will flag innocent (blue) to prevent griefing still. Enemies will flag orange.
After a town capture timeslot is over, each active militia player (a player who has lit or doused a brazier) receives one point for each town his Alliance holds. You can view your current militia points by saying 'vendor buy' from the militia vendor, and he/she will display your current total.
This score is modified by the faction showscore number / 100 (rounded up to the nearest full point).
Available items from the militia vendor:
- Bomb Plans (single use) - 2 point / 1,000 gold (must be purchased by the king first)
- Militia Clothing
- Infiltration dust - allows you to recall into an uncontrolled town (with varying levels of success).
- Baron's Ring - allows you to macro inside of a house without penalty.
- More to come, soon!
Note: Kings must first 'stock' the militia vendor prior to players being allowed to purchase a bomb plan from the vendor. Stocking a bomb plan costs 2500 gold from the treasury.
Town capturing works the same as before, with a few changes:
1. If you are in an alliance, you capture towns in the name of the alliance leader.
2. If you are not in an alliance, you capture towns for your own town.
3. Town buffs are given to all members of the alliance.
4. When a town joins an alliance, all town's controlled by that town's militia transfer over to the militia leader, and the buff will benefit everyone in the alliance.
5. Server restarts / crashes will now keep track of capture status (it will resume where it left off when the server comes back up).
Faction ranks are awarded based on your percentile ranked within your own faction. You can turn on/off the specific rank title by saying 'toggle rank'
1. Bolts of cloth, newbied regs, boards, and ingots for starting characters are all non-movable now.
2. There are no longer specially colored cloaks / cloth. The shadow cloth will be added as loot from special monsters shortly.